Symprove Privacy Notice
Symprove Privacy Notice
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Symprove.com and its affiliates (collectively “Symprove”) collect and process your personal information through Symprove websites, services, online, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “Symprove Services”). By using Symprove Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Symprove Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Symprove Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of our Symprove Services.
- Automatic Information:We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Symprove Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Symprove Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Symprove Services and other content served by or on behalf of Symprove on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources:We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Symprove Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Symprove Services;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or mobile number when shopping with us;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, or a contest entry form;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rate reviews;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- content of reviews and e-mails to us;
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number;
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links.
For What Purposes Does Symprove Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services.We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Symprove Services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from our re-sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Symprove Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
- Fraud Prevention.We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Symprove, and others.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Symprove Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries Symprove.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers:We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Symprove and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Symprove, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Symprove Services include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information, promotional certificate and gift card balances).
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service . Many of our Symprove Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Symprove Services.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please adjust your preferences via Customers Services or via your account.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account and blocking cookies on your browser.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal data. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service . Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Symprove Services?
Symprove does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults for the use for children under consultation. If you are under 18, you may use Symprove Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Symprove Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at Symprove, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure page ("Disclosure") supplements the Symprove Privacy Notice. The Symprove Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Symprove collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Symprove Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number;
- age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you disclose medical information;
- commercial information, such as purchase and content streaming activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that Symprove disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Symprove Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
- professional information, for example if we provide your account details to a service provider for verification as part of enrollment for a Business account.
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by Symprove, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
- No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Symprove has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- No Discrimination. Symprove will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Symprove’s content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Symprove’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Symprove’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Symprove products and services that require you to sign in.
Approved third parties may also set cookies when you interact with Symprove services. Third parties include search engines, providers of measurement and analytics services, social media networks, and advertising companies.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.